Question
Posted by: ruby | 2004/11/16

IBS-please help

hi
thank you for this website. please help me..i ma at my end now ..
i have stopped eating products with yeast/milk and the bad carbs due to my problem,,IBS...i eat mainly protein and get all my fibre from veg and friut. i still suffer from gas and bloating and birping all the time. this week is really bad, has i have rally bad constipation and bleeding with stools. i have medication and drink black forest tea at leat 3-4 times a week. i do not feel well.
i would like to take a natural supplemnet to put me back on track and help with getting my system to function on its own.
please let me know what herbal medication i can take and what will assist with bloating/birping and gas. i am really miserable.
than you for your help,

Dear Ruby
I am really sorry to hear about your condition. I trust you are receiving medical treatment because your IBS has deteriorated to such an extent that I would strongly urge you to seek medical advice again. The dr will prescribe antispasmodic and anti-flatulence medication which really does work. I am also worried about your bleeding as this may indicate more than IBS, so go for that checkup ASAP.
I am not a herbalist so I cannot comment on herbal remedies. Research has, however, shown that the use of (good bugs) can assist with IBS because they normalise the microflora of your digestive tract . You can try Bifidoforte or Bifidoflora which can be purchased at most health shops. But first and foremost go and see your dr.
Holdings thumbs for you

1
Posted by: John | 2004/11/17

Follow the Atkins diet and exclude all fruits high in carb content. Many people with IBS have reported excellent results with the Atkins diet. You need to be patient and work through it

Reply to John