Posted by: Vee | 2008/06/26

IBS / Candida

I was told a few years ago by my doctor that I have IBS.

i recently went to a dietitian to get rid of the bloating, constipation, headaches, sinisitus, fatigue.

The result = I ended up going from 57kgs to 63kgs
I went back twice during this - and have now given up.

I am trying to drop my weight now by following a meal plan, which includes protein shakes mid-morning and mid-afternoon, but the protein shake they recommend has Whey protein, which as far as I know bloats someone with IBS.

This person who was a registered dietitian told me that if Why protein bloats me than I have a Candida infection.

Is this true and if so how do I get rid of it?

Hi Vee
Candida is a commensal organism - meaning that it normally lives in the bowel. In some people it can cause an overgrowth but is not neccessarily the cause of bloating. Try taking probiotics 3 times a day with your food, avoid foods made with yeasts like Mushrooms, wine and bread. The probiotics will keep the candida in check. Try fennel tea for the bloating?

Posted by: Vee | 2008/06/27

Thanks so much for the advice.

Do you think taking the probiotics is enough or should I also do a Candida diet for 4 weeks?

Reply to Vee