Question
Posted by: lisa | 2007/03/26

IBS

hi i am wheat intolerant and have ibs, i'm at my wits end. can anybody help?

Dear Lisa
I would always recommend that anyone who suffers from multiple dietary problems should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a specific diet prescription for your two problems, the IBS and the wheat intolerance. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet. However, you can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy. For articles on wheat intolerance click on 'Allergy & intolerance'. You can also contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: www.allallergy.net to find out more about wheat allergy. For wheat-free recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: mwhildal@mweb.co.za . IBS is often associated with stress. To relieve stress I would recommend that she should learn relaxing techniques, how to do deep breathing exercises and some form of physical exercise which is also relaxing, such as yoga. Going for brisk walks in the fresh air also helps to relieve tension.

2
Posted by: Nony | 2007/03/28

I suggest you visit a gastroenterologist and he will do a colonoscopy procedure and he will thereafter recommend a medication for your IBS, my IBS was bad in such that i lost to about 10kg. I've been on Zelnorm & trepiline for +6months, my weight is now back to normal and my constipation is not as bad as it was before taking medication

Good luck!

Reply to Nony
Posted by: for lisa | 2007/03/26

hi doll

i have it to but real bad, and been prescribed all the expensive stuff, and i bought naturalex from clicks and it works wonders and i go to the lu as soon as i take, it or a day after it really is great

Reply to for lisa