Question
Posted by: stomach | 2006/04/21

IBS

hi doc. i think that i suffer from IBS. firstly i am a vegetarian. my stomach bloates up really badly certain days. it does not pain just sometimes constipated and other times have a runny tummy. but the swelling is the worst. it feels like an air bubble in my tummy. is it IBS? what are the treatments or medication i can take? PLEASE HELP ME......

Dear Stomach
I will differ from patient to patient. I would advise you to see a gastro-enterologist to exclude other treatable reasons for your symptoms, and if IBS confirmed, you must see a dietician to give you some guidelines. Homeopathic or naturalistic medications work well for IBS.