Question
Posted by: hypo | 2004/10/09

IBS

Is there anything natural that I can take to help relieve the pain and discomfort of Irritable Bowel. Thanks a lot

Expert ImageNatural health

Hello Hypo

Always keep Gastronol from A Vogel and Mag Phos Tissue Salt handy to treat the pain the moment you feel it. IBS is triggered by many factors, from being over excited, down, certain foods and drinks......

Take the Gastronol and Mag Phos every five minutes when you have the spasm until it clears. Keep the abdomen warm so taking a hot shower or bath or using a hot water bottle can all help relieve the spasm. Cold makes it worse.

I find that following the root veg and pumpkin diet below helps to calm the digestive area.

All the best.

Estie

ROOT VEGETABLE AND PUMPKIN DIET
• POTATOES
• CARROTS
• BEETROOT STEAM, BAKE, COOK NO OIL
• SWEET POTATOES SERVE WITH BROWN RICE
• TURNIPS
• PARSNIPS
• ONIONS
• GARLIC

CAN HAVE PAW – PAW FOR BREAKFAST

PLUS

ALL KINDS OF PUMPKINS I.E GEM SQUASH, HUBBARD SQUASH, ETC

FLAVOUR WITH DR VOGEL’S HERBAMARE AND KELPAMARE AVAILABLE IN PHARMACIES AND HEALTH SHOPS.

DRINK ONLY WARM WATER, NEVER COLD BEVERAGES.

NO FAT, OIL, CHEESE, FRUIT JUICES, GREEN LEAVY VEGETABLES OR ANYTHING THAT GROWS ABOVE THE GROUND.

THIS DIET TO BE FOLLOWED AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY FOR 14 DAYS.