Question
Posted by: IB sufferer | 2003/12/18

Ibs

I have recently been diagnosed with Ibs, I dont have a problem with constipation at all, but know that I do need to increace my fiber, the problem is that i think I am wheat intollerant, or maybe Lactose/or fructose, how do I go about finding out if I am, I dont think I can cut all of this out of my diet at once to try and see wich it is. can you recommend a solution,

Dear Reader
Ask your GP to send you for the appropriate tests - self-diagnosis is dangerous and may result in deficiencies. If you are wheat intolerant then you can use a product such as Fybogel (buy at chemist) to add bulk to the diet without using harsh laxatives. Also eat foods such as rye bread, brown rice, samp, Maltabella porridge and cooked crushed sorghum, legumes, fruits and vegetables to increase your fibre intake.