Our expert says:
You may well be sensitive to sulphur, but it is difficult to say for sure if you have not had any tests done. It may be a good idea to ask your gp to send you for allergy tests, just to make sure - self-diagnosis can be self-defeating. If you are sensitive to sulphur then you would need to avoid foods rich in sulphur and any foods that are preserved with sulphur compounds such as SO2. If you contact the Allergy Society of SA by visiting their Website at: www.allergysa.org you should be able to obtain information on sulphur-containing foods, but first have those tests done.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.