Question
Posted by: Lethu | 2004/10/04

I've given up....

Lat year end of September i had my tubes opened through Laparoscopy which was succesful so said my Gynae. but i haven't conceived its been 12 months ttc to no success.

I think its about time i wake up and face the facts that i might be infertile which scares me to death. i was thinking of going for a fertility test with my fiance.

is anyone of y'all went for a fertility test? what is the procedure? expenses?

thanks a million

You both have to have investigations. If your tubes are blocked you would benefit from IVF

3
Posted by: Can | 2004/10/04

Dont give up, some people wait forever and its just that much more enjoyable and precious when it happens.
Have faith...God's watching over you and will decide when the time is right.

Reply to Can
Posted by: Pauka | 2004/10/04

Hi Lethu,

I know what u going thru, but u must't loose hope, I've been trying to conceive also (Its a matter of time) be patient your turn is on its way. God knows what do u want, if u ask him he will give it to u and another thing is u need to pray yourself and I will also pray for u, Be positive

Also try the Clomid cause and see if its gonna work for u, Im starting my course of clomind on wednesday

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!!

Luv Pauka

Reply to Pauka
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/04

Hi Lethu,

I haven't been ttc for very long, but i have been to see a fertiilty specialist to make sure all is okay. Hubby had a semen test done to make sure all is in order in that respect. At a normal pathology lab the test cost about R300 and at the fertility lab it cost R1000 but they do some really intense testing.

I have had an ovulation test (day 21 test) done as well as several blood tests to check my glucose, thyroid, hormone levels etc. This costs in the region of about R600.00.

The good thing about doing these is that you will get peace of mind if nothing is wrong. If there is a problem, you will be able to get treatment. I went to a really good doc at Medfem clinic. Not sure where you are based.

Its worth the while if you have been ttc for such a long time. Do go see a fertiilty specialist.

Reply to Shirls