Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2004/10/13

I've been bleeding for ten days. Why?

Hi there. I was on the pill, Triphasal. then a week and a half ago, i forgot to take two tablets, saturday and sunday. I then took them on monday morning, but even before this, my period had started for the second time this month on sunday night. I continued to take them, thinking that when i get to the hormaone tablets it will kill my period. It did not. I have now stopped taking the pill but i've had my period, heavily, for the last ten days. What do i do?

You are having break-through bleeding. You should continue with the pills and things should settle.

2
Posted by: Young lady | 2004/10/13

I stopped taking the pill almost three weeks ago, and I bled for about 12 days(not heavily, but still) and I'm still discharging that brown stuff, so just wait it out a little longer, I think when you mess around with hormones and your body with pills and stuff your body reacts in funny ways.

Reply to Young lady
Posted by: Chantelle | 2004/10/13

Should i go see a doc? Which one, a gynae or a regular doc? Should i wait it out?

Reply to Chantelle