Question
Posted by: Dee | 2005/12/15

I'm stressing

Today our little Scottish Terrier puppy is being spayed and i'm a nervous wreck. I hope we have decided to do the right thing for her. I would love it if she could have had puppies but unfortunately i know what I'm like and i would never have been able to give them away. I'm just so sad.

Sterilisation can save you a lot of heartache later. Good for you for having this done now!

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

3
Posted by: APN | 2005/12/15

Hey Dee..............

I know exactly how you feel, I had my two little daschunds in last week friday to get fixed. I nearly cried when I dropped them off. I called the VET 2 times to see how they were doing and was told I can pick them up after 6pm, I was there at 5.30pm. Took them home settled them down in their favorite place and they slept the whole eveing. the next morning both were back to their old selves jumping around and chasing each other.

Don't worry your little doggie is going to be just fine! Enjoy the long weekend

Reply to APN
Posted by: Dee | 2005/12/15

Hi Pi,

Thanks for your reply. It made me feel better. Shes doing OK, so thats a relief. Going to pick her up at 3:30pm, then i can look after her. We especially made the appointment for today so we can be home for her during the long weekend.

Anyway thanks again!
Dee

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Pi | 2005/12/15

Hi Dee, it is probably more stressful for mommy than doggy. My experience ... coming home is quite hectic, doggie is whoosy from the anestethic. She'll be uncomfortable, by the next day it'll be remarkable better and by day 2 at home she'll be her jolly self. When you bring her home, put her down in a comfortable place and let her sort herself out.

Good luck! And don't worry about her not having puppies, there's already a whole lot of unwanted puppies, you certainly don't want to unknowingly add to that.

Reply to Pi