Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/07

I'm so pissed of right now.....

MD says they had a discussion and I've only been here 6mnts cant take 1mnt leave.

I said Gordonsbay booking 2-15th was a condition of employment and it's not that I wanted to go on leave from 15-30dec they close!

He now want's me to take pc home and they'll pay my phone bill. For flip sake Im a bookkeeper what am I going to do with the pc ? Allocate payments? Phone for payments? Who's working this time of the year and making payments?

Nevermind that I have G's 3 kids, Ne and the maid and her kid of 3 what if something happens? huh?

Nice time for them to let me know? Him and the boss now discussing it....Me work and phone clients with Ne around? They dont want me in the office or to have keys....wat de hell gaan ek met trok parte maak????

f*k!

Well, at least it sounds as though they're trying to help by making a plan. Maybe you need clarity about things, like "If you mentioned it as a condition of accepting employment --- why must that change ? And what exactly is it that they are anticipating as being needed to be done in that time ? Especially as it's a time when most other businesses close or are inattentive, and very few pay their bills.
And larify --- apparently you're asking for 2 week's leave, to run into the time when they will be closed anyway, and when presumably they were not expecting you or anyone else to be coming into the office.
Remind your boss that such a verbal agreement, which he witnessed, is legally binding.
The shotgun proposal would get you FAR more than 30 days away !

10
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/07

Aaa if only hey ? If only.....

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: aaa | 2005/12/07

Very calmly get up, walk to your car, open the boot, take out the already loaded shotgun, close the boot, walk calmly back to the office and.........

Reply to aaa
Posted by: CP | 2005/12/07

More Frusty laat ek net eers bedaar.

Ek dink dis tyd om aan te skuif jy weet ek was nog NOOIT korter as 4 jaar by 'n plek nie maar hierdie mense het soooo gelieg in die interview en hierdie plek bly 'n gemors.

Hulle het my tot op 'n kurses gestuur omdat ek nog nooit voorheen met stock gewerk het nie en toe ek terugkom en dinge in plek wil stel toe se die baas nee hy wil dit so en sus he...bottom line dit voel asof die mat heeltyd onder my voete uitgeruk word net sodra jy dink jy's bo....

Wonder of ek 'n bonus gaan kry.

Reply to CP
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/07

Well, if your boss does not dispute it, just go! It was a condition of employment and there is nothing they can now do.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/12/07

My Boss a 10% shareholder does not dispute that agreement the MD with 60% shares is the one with the problem.

Since i've been here out outstanding has gone from R2.5 million to R600 000......

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/12/07

No I live in JHB out accommodation is in Gordons bay

How can I have a pc with 4 kids?????? and without a maid ?????

Not ONCE did they have a problem with my leave until now - a week before ?

I've agreed to let my maid go for that month,i've made plans....

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/07

Morning, CP MOM! :-)

You mentiond that the leave you want to take was a condition of your employment. Do you have it in writing or a witness?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/07

I still can't understand how they can deduct from your leave days if they close up shop. It should be illegal - especially the poor people who only get the minimum - 15 days. My brother is being forced to take off from this Friday. And he hasn't worked at the company for a year either, so he will be in arrears with his leave.

Other people just simply don't want to take leave from the 15th. Going away on holiday is practically impossible because of the prices (even on my relatively high salary!) plus its not fun when a place is so full that you can hardly turn around without bumping into someone.

I usually like September. This year I'm taking over Christmas, but it has almost been a year since I last had a holiday. My old company paid me out for my leave :( so I didn't have enough leave at the new company for September. Plus they were quite difficult about my 10 days study leave. HR wanted to only give me pro-rata, but during my interview, they promised me the whole ten days. I almost cracked when they gave me trouble after submitting my leave forms.

Good Luck.
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Ruby | 2005/12/07

Eish CP Mom, it does suck, but I can sort of understand where they are coming from. As the bosses they have to uphold co policy.

If you are sure there won't be much work for you, then I don't think it would be that bad to take the PC home. Why not set aside two hours a day to check on things, somewhere away from the kids (is sissie going to be around?) maybe she can take them to a park or something.

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Leaf | 2005/12/07

Do you live in Gordon's bay, CP mom?

Reply to Leaf