Question
Posted by: CB | 2008/01/31

I'm SO demotivated

I started training with my biokineticist in the first week of January. He also put me on an eating plan. I train for REALLY HARD 2 and a half hours a day 5 days a week.

So far I have lost only 100 grams.

I am so demotivated. A friend of mine started Dr Cohen and lost 2 kilos in 3 days and another friend has been going to gym and not dieting for only 2 weeks and has lost 3kg

I don't understand what is going on with me.

I spoke to my biokineticist who moaned at me for weighing myself as he did say there would be no change at least for the first 6 weeks but still ... surely I should have lost SOMETHING by now?

Dear CB
I can't really figure out why you are not losing any weight because I don't know how much you weigh in kg and your height in metres so that I can work out your BMI to ascertain how much weight you need to lose. You also don't mention what kind of diet you are using. It is perfectly possible that you are at present building muscle tissue that ironically weighs more than fat tissue, so it may be a good idea to keep track of your vital statistics too - a decrease in measurements will indicate fat loss even if your mass does not change. Do give your body a chance to adapt and don't weigh yourself all the time because body weight can go up or down by up to 3 kg per day!
Hang in there