Question
Posted by: KC | 2004/11/15

I'm pregnant, what now?

I found out on Friday that i am pregnant and am still in shock! I've had stomach cramps and pains for about 2 wks, is this normal? And is there anything i can take to make it a little bearable?

My husband would also like to know if we can still have sex!

Now that i am pregnant, what steps do i need to follow concerning antenatal treatment? I havent made any arragements as i dont know where to from here and just needed some time to let this sink in. Please advise!

Mild cramping is normal. As long as you have not had any previous pregnancy complications, it is fine to have sex.
You should make an appointment with a gynaecologist in the next few weeks.

3
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/15

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, take folic acid & start saving its never too early to save for your little one,

This is one of the To Do's

Reply to Sana
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/15

Firstly congrats!!! It is normal to feel a little overwhelmed. You should make an appointment with your gynae a.s.a.p. some of them have long waiting lists and it might take some time before you can see them.

You should drink a vitamin supplement, like pregnavit (obtainable from any pharmacy) and folic acid (NB)

How far along are you now? If you are not a high risk pregnancy you can still carry on with your sex life as usual, just don't do anything that make you uncomfortable. High risks are like previous miscarraiges and so on.

If the cramping isn't to bad like unbearable it's fine, it is your uterus stretching, if it really bothers you just mention it to you doctor.

Hope all goes well

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/15

Congrats, Count from your the first day of your last period and you will find out how many weeks you are. Make an appointment with a gynae if you are about 6 or 7 weeks, because only then you will be able to see something on the scans. Start immediately with folic acid. Sex is safe, but take it easy.......

Reply to Jj@