Question
Posted by: ec | 2004/10/22

I'm not sure what to do now

Hi Good People - please help! I'm in a quandary. My 'life partner' and i are supposed to leave this pm for a weeks holiday BUT i've been so upset about him lying to me on wednesday and the ensuing arguments that i now feel like NOT going (he thought that it's actually quite fine to still go on holiday?) and to then pretend all is just okiedokie and lets force ourselves to have fun! Ugh! i'm so fed-up that i actually feel like not just calling of this holiday but to end this relationship! i'm just too tired all of a sudden to say : ag, never mind! this is life, this happens, a person can feel 'tired'(or whatever) and then cause al kinds of upset and the next day he doesn't feel 'tired' any longer and is then surprised that all is not well with everybody else! i want to be alone and not talk and (at this moment in time) not see him again, and not go on holiday, and not feel the way i'm feeling, and wish it's next year this time when i would have forgotten how i'm feeling right now.... but thanks for 'listening' and maybe give some advise 'cos you'll be more objective?
thanks again.

Can you modify those plans, and both go on holiday, but to different places or different hotels ?

7
Posted by: Adam | 2004/10/22

Not with him.

Reply to Adam
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/22

go on holiday anyway - but not with him. It might be a good idea to take a break and think about the situation you find yourself in. Letting him go off on holiday with you staying at home will make you miserable.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

Oops!! Didn't mean to post that 3 times!!!!!! Sorry.....

Reply to NM
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

I also think that you should stay. Let him go by himself - he needs to realise just how much he has hurt you by lying to you. I say:

Reply to NM
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

Reply to NM
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

Reply to NM
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/22

Maybe its a good idea for him to go on the holiday by himself, that will give you a good break to sort out your emotions, and to see if you miss him... either absence makes the heart grow fonder, or you are gonna realise its over between you and its time to move on.

Reply to Mona