Question
Posted by: friend | 2007/07/12

I'm inlove with my best friend

I’m a single mom & 3yrs ago I met my now (male) best friend.We’ve been very close and support each other. We have a great friendship & he helps me raised my 2yr old daughter. Now, after 3 yrs my feeling for him has intensified that I’ve fallen inlove with him.Before I supported him with any relationship he had and got as excited when he went on dates, now I just get jealous.I’m a bit of a tomboy and never pay attention to my looks. He only sees me as a good friend who is there thru good & bad. I need advise on how to handle the situation.I don’t want to mess up the closeness we have by admitting my feelings, but the jealousy I feel re woman he dates will create tension. How do I get him to see me as more than just a friend but as a woman too.
I’d like advice as to whether in a situation like this it’s best to wait it out until my feelings for him disappear or is there a way to get him to notice me. Right now I just avoid him.
Thx for the help.

Maybe start paying more attention to your looks, and frankly and calmly discuss with him the way your feelings for him have been changing ? I'm sure many of our readers will have more experienced suggestions !

4
Posted by: sideways | 2007/07/12

I agree with CS. Maybe start looking like more of a woman and flirt a little, see how he responds and then have a chat with him. Start with looking like a woman, it matters, I assure you.

Reply to sideways
Posted by: friend | 2007/07/12

thx Maria. I never actually considered that he might look at me, the women he dates are way more beautiful.I've never taken the trouble with my appearance, but maybe if I try really hard to do something re my weight and hair & all those things me might notice me.thx for being so kind

Reply to friend
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/12

Maybe get the dvd of My Best Friend's Wedding and watch it together...

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/12

Have you considered the possibility that he feels the same? Why don't you go to a bit more trouble with your appearence and see what happens.

Reply to Maria