Question
Posted by: Nina | 2003/03/27

I'm in pain...

I'm 27 years old, 1,72 m long, weighs 65 kg and I feel like an old lady. Not a day goes by that I do not have lower back pain! And I just live a normal life. Chiropractic & Physiotherapy brings relieve only for the duration of the treatment and then I'm back to square one. I don't sleep on my stomach - I sleep with a pillow between my knees and once again I woke up this morning in pain... do you perhaps have any advise?

Nina, the best would be to try and find out what the cause of the pain is. You should start by having a good clinical examination and back x-rays. It sounds like you might have a slipped disc or an even worse back problem. If they find nothing wrong with your back they will have to start looking at the structures in the abdomen as there should be something somewhere causing the pain. Good luck.