Question
Posted by: MissyE | 2008/05/21

I'm heartbroken

I've been trying to get my hubby out of debt for months now as his salary is unsufficient to pay all the debts he has accumulated. Among the things I'e been paying off is his credit card. I've realised lately that I havent been getting any correspondence from the bank regarding how much he still owes and I would rely on what he tells me is "payable" for that month. I trusted him so so much. The arrangement was that I'm just paying the credit card and it must never be used again ( he promised that he has destroyed the card) To my suprise, I used his e mail address and requested an updated statement so I can see how much I still need to pay etc.They sent me the statement, the bastard is still using the credit card , he never desroyed it. Moreover he bought jewelery worth R5000 in an exclusive jewelry shop a day before valentines day. I never recieved any gift for valentines day, he told me that he does not believe in valentines' fantasies. I haven asked him, just discovered this an hour ago and I'm so so so heartbroken.I just dont know what to do. I've been so gullible, I feel like crying my heart out , I cant believe he can do this to me .

Immediately stop paying ANYTHING for him --- if he has been lying to you about his debts ( and apparently not working hard enough to pay them off himself ) --- and what was the original money spent on to create the debts in the first place ? ---and he was buying totally unnecessary jewelery for someone else --- see a lawyer, make sure you are not liable for any more of his debts, and look after yourself. Suggest that his bejewelled woman pay for her own jewellery.
Don't blame yourself for having expected him to be even a fraction as honest and honourable, and loving, as you have been. Dump the rat and protect yourself and your future happiness

5
Posted by: sadi | 2008/05/21

Ask him to leave. He has been lying to you, obviously cheating on you, and stop being treated like an abused ATM. Dont feel sorry for him, by the way he has been acting he couldnt care a dime about you. And dont believe him when he says hes sorry, men like that are never really and truly sorry for what they did, they will just do it again. Get yourself one hellavu laywer.

Reply to sadi
Posted by: Me | 2008/05/21

The dog! he does not deserve you! Max his credit card...Buy stuff for yourself. !! then refuse to make any further payments on it! Leave him! If he could deceive you like this, what more has he not been up to?

Reply to Me
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/21

leave him, kick him out. you are too good for him. he not only lied to you, he never got you a gift for valentines and instead bought another women a gift, and on top of everything, you the one paying for this womens gift! he has a darn nerve. let him rack up his bill some more and pay not one more bill. use his credit card to buy something for yourself and then leave him with the bill. im sorry that you hurt. dont blame yourself, he is the one that is the fool because he is going to lose a good women like you.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: EL | 2008/05/21

Shame, this is terrible, I feel for you! But stay strong!

Reply to EL
Posted by: Les | 2008/05/21

This is terrible. I hope you kick his butt out your life, and start afresh. He doesnt deserve you and your kindness. Let him get together with the skank he bought the valentines gift for. He is a traitor, and a coward.
Be strong and keep your chin high. Dont allow this to destroy you. HE IS NOT WORTH IT.

Reply to Les