Question
Posted by: Hart | 2006/04/13

I'm confused about my relationship

My boyfriend and i have been dating for 2 years and staying together for 1 year. Lately I feel more like house keeper than anything else. I'm 20 and he is 28 so the age gap has a lot to do with the problems i'm experiencing. He doesn't like my friends and bad mouths them and gets upset when i stand up for them. The only way i keep in contact with them is via email and sms and sometimes when he's at work over weekends i sneak a visit, but that is it. It's useless talking to him because it turns out to be my fault everytime and i end up staying because i feel so bad. I know he is manipulating me and i know what i have to do, but how do i do it?

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Delene | 2006/04/13

The one mistake people always make is to give up things, people, hobbies, jobs for a partner.
This causes you to be unhappy & will turn into so many resentful feelings.
DO not give up anything that is important to you just "to have him" or to keep him happy.
When a person loves you, he wont expect that either.....

If the relationships falls apart because you kept what was yours (friend in this case). It will be for the best.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Pgames | 2006/04/13

Hi there Hart.

I'm 22 year's old and my husband is 31 year's old. So I understand the problem.

He did the same in the beginning with me, so one day I told him that I always talk and do things with his friends and I am getting the moeren of that. I never saw my friends and did the same. I told him that he must change or else because we were fighting alot and yes I stayed with him because I felt bad. After one BIG fight he changed and know I see my friends and we are married.

No more problems of that kind. Maybe if you talk and stand up for yourself it will help but if he hurts you so much then you must think girl...

Reply to Pgames