Posted by: fiks | 2007/03/06

i'm afraid

six months ago i was dated raped at a party i went to and i fell pregnant, well i only found a month ago that i was really going to have a baby. i have'nt told anyne about this and if my parents found ou that i'm expecting they wiil disown me irrespective of the circumstance,and my mother was against my decision about going to that party that ruined my life. i cant have a baby now because i'm only 19 and doing my 1st yr, and also the fact that i dont even know the father of the baby.please help me

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

you dont say where in the country you are, and as a result the best resource I can point you towards is childline on 08000 55 555 - toll free number. Alternatively you could think about going to see your family doctor if you feel confidentiality wont be an issue.

At this stage you need to also be clear that you need to deal with the situation and get yourself some help and support as soon as possible. You should also consider if there are any friends or an adult in your life that you can ask to assist you. You need to reach out and not try and cope alone - i think once you have done that you will see that help is there.

dont suffer in silence any longer. give childline a call and they should be able to tell you about help available in your local area.

take care

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Feather | 2007/03/10

Please don't think it was your fault. Rape is NEVER your fault. Call your closest Famsa or Family Life Centre if you're in Jo'burg area on 011 788-4784. We can help you with counselling. Lots of strength and love!

Reply to Feather
Posted by: VOID | 2007/03/07


Reply to VOID
Posted by: cv | 2007/03/06

Its a pitty that children dont listen to their parents,but there is nothing that can be done now to turn the clock back.I think the best thing for you is to talk to your parent,if you dont they will found out.Be strong.

Reply to cv

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.