Question
Posted by: Jax | 2004/11/17

I would like breast implants and want to know the costs involved.

Hi. I'm 21 years old and have never been fortunate enough to develope proper breasts. This is probably because I have had a problem with my hormones since puberty. The fact that I have no breasts really bothers me and affects me phsycologically as I don't feel like a 21 year old woman but a 15 year old girl. I just want to know where I can find iformation on respectible plastic surgeons. And how much the procedure will cost. Thanks

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Jax,

The best option is usually to ask your regular doctor for a referral to a plastic surgeon. You can also contact the Association for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons for names or plastic surgeons. Plastic surgeons go through a peer review process, before they can become members of the Association, so you can trust these surgeons. Their website is www.plasticsurgeons.co.za

1
Posted by: M | 2004/11/18

I would also like to get some info. The worst is not being able to claim it from a medical aid. My self-esteem is 0 and in the world we are living we are constantly bombarded with big busted women. My family doesn't understand what it feels like (my mother and sister has big breasts - my sister actually had a reduction!) and always say that they would rather have small breasts! Well there is a big difference between smaal breasts and no breasts! Good luck to you!

Reply to M