Question
Posted by: Julia | 2004/11/16

I wonder

Just chatted to a good friend and she blurted out that she'd been keeping sumthin away from me...i insisted on knowing what. She told me that her ex and herself were getting back 2getha and that it was almost official with both families. The thing is we talk everyday and share whats happening in each others life...im very disappointed with her for not telling me...she sumtimes talked about wanting a bf....al the time she was pretending...why? she is so false. Am i overreacting?

Maybe you are over-reacting, a bit. She may be a good friend of yours, but like all of us, maybe she wanted to keep some things private, until she'd made up her mind and discussed it with her family. Your feelings are understandable, but not really justifiable. Chill, and continue the friendship.
And sometimes people specially don't discuss something with you if you are both a friend and sensible, when their heart is telling them to do something that might not be so sensible !

6
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/16

Hi Julia,

See what using the same Nick can do? sorry about the mix up!!

Maybe you should talk to your friend and ask why she never told you. But i really dont think you should worry too much about it. She obvioiusly had her reasons. Maybe just give her your understanding and support.

Once again my apologies.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: J --------Ex Julia | 2004/11/16

The guy neva really treated her the way she should be when they were goin out...he was so undecided...one day all lovey dovey and the next....cold...So maybe she didnt want to tell me cos she thot id jump down her throat for goin back to him!

Neway tx a mill for the response.

Reply to J --------Ex Julia
Posted by: Julia - mistaken for ANOTHER Julia | 2004/11/16

Hi Paris,

Just saw that there was another posting from a "Julia". Im definately not the person ur talking about. To that Julia, apologies for using the nick. T

Reply to Julia - mistaken for ANOTHER Julia
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/11/16

Hi Julia

Your feelings here are understandable, but try seeing it from you friends point of view. Maybe she is scared herself of going back to her ex, she probably does not know if it will work out. Or maybe she told you hurtful things about him when they broke up and now she feels embarrassed or even ashamed since going back to him makes her seem like a hypocrite. Whatever the reason, it must have been difficult for her to tell you, so try and stand by her if possible. Thats what friends are for I suppose, being there each other no matter what.

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/16

Hi Julia,

Did you tell your friend that you almost had sex with a collegue at the office while you are still married??

Maybe she didn't want to tell you until she was ready. Maybe she needed to do this herself without any interuptions. And maybe she was pretending because she didn't want to seem suspicious.

I think you are over reacting. Not every body likes to advertise what their intentions are until they have succeeded or more so accomplished what they set out to do.

Be happy for your friend, because this is obviously what she wants. Put your needs aside for one moment and think about the people around you.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/16

Was it an ugly break up? Maybe she thought you would think she was stupid going back to him, maybe she was in emotional mess and just needed to sort out everything before making the announcement. Dont know, but i hope it works out for her.... Going back to ex's is a bit dodgy, as a leopard never changes its spots.

Reply to Mona