Question
Posted by: Clearance | 2004/11/05

I weigh less,help?

I'm 21 years old and look 18 because of me being a little bit slim since I weigh 51kg,besides I'm not satisfied so I would like to gain atleast 9kg more.

How do I go about doing that because thats the only way i can be happy and be comfortable with myself.

Clearance

Dear Clearance
If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone Magda on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask her about this and other Nutritional Supplements.