Question
Posted by: EJ | 2007/07/30

I want to put my LO onto ricemilk

I want to put my LO (8 months) onto ricemilk.

She is currently on Isomil 2 (soy), but I think that she might have a allergy reaction to this as well, because she has this constant coughing due to the pghlem on her chest.

What multivitamin & mineral supplement would you suggest I use for her with the the ricemilk ?

She is eating really well, she only drinks about 2 x 240ml bottles of milk through the day / night.

Dear EJ
It is difficult to judge if your little girl could be allergic to soy milk, unless you have had her assessed by a Paediatrician, an Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist, and/or a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). I would strongly urge you to take her to a dietitian so that she/he can do a diet and medical history to determine if her coughing could be due to an allergy to anyone of the other foods she is eating or one of hundreds of environmental factors (house dust, house mites, grass, pollen, animal hairs, etc). It is risky to change your child's diet without proof that she is actually allergic to a given food, esp her milk which is still the most important source of nutrients (esp calcium, vitamins, minerals, etc) at this stage of her life. Self-diagnosis can lead to incorrect dietary decision and expose your lassie to deficiencies, so do please see a medical specialist and a dietitian.