Question
Posted by: in pain | 2007/08/23

i want to live

i am suffering from a terminal disease, i will be lucky to see the end of the year. i love life and dont want to die, when i read some of these messages about people wanting to commit suicide it makes my blood boil. beleive me dying is not a subject to be taken lightly, life its a precious gift, treasure each moment.because when its taken from you when you are still relatively young (48) you thank god for each moment

Thanks for finding the time in your pain and all your endeavours, to remind those who take life so lightly, of its value.

4
Posted by: anon | 2007/08/24

Dear Want to Live,

We are each on a different path in our lives, whether you are religious or spiritual or both, use this time wisely. It may be like the end of this life as you know it, but your spirit and soul will live on. Staying focussed and positive and if you have not had counselling, it might be a good time to do it now. Your family and friends and close circle may also need support coming to terms with your condition and possible loss. You are suffering loss, the loss of your health, your wellbeing and it is frustrating reading posts from, so called healthy people who, for whatever reasons, feel they are at the end of their tether, wanting a way out to tend it all. It just doesn't seem fair, does it. You get someone like you, who is suffering at the moment and you want to live but have been told your life is coming to an end. Don't give up. Never give up hope, if there is any unfinished business you may have, try to come to terms and deal with it. Tell people you love them, give them a legacy to live by and not feel guilty. Celebrate your life now with them and enjoy each moment you have. Many people do not have the gift of time or knowing that their life is over, you have that gift. Try to find the positive in every situation. May you feel be painfree and have a sense of peace and know that you are not alone. Love and Best Wishes my friend on your journey.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Tsk | 2007/08/23

I agree that life is a precious gift. I hope that you will see the end of next year as well as many more to come! I also believe that when it is your time to go, it will be beyond your control

Reply to Tsk
Posted by: J | 2007/08/23

Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.
The blood of Jesus heals, If you believe that and have faith God will/can heal you.
I plead the blood of Jesus right now in all the organs/cells of you body and I declare healing right now. In the name of Jesus! Amen

Reply to J
Posted by: cv | 2007/08/23

As you say you and me and all of us can thank God for each and every day, that we can still open our eyes and be alive.I dont know in wich church you are in or what is your beliefs, but beliefe,that God is the only one that can help you throuth this,speak to your church minister and ask him if you can join a prayer group, and start by joining in prayer, you must live in the footsteps of the Lord and you will see that, if it is the will of God you will be releaved of any sickniss, we must also remember that nothing will happen to us if it is not the will of the Lord.

Reply to cv