Posted by: Lerato | 2009/05/02

I want to burn his house

my husband most of the time he changes the key to a house that is in both our name and i have to sleep at a friend' s house.

I suspect that the reason he does that is because he has a woman with him. so i cant take that anymore and i want to burn the house.

the reason why i am posting this is because i want to know how many years will they charge me in jail and if they can fine me and i am willing to pay as long as he doesnt stay in this house again.

guys i am crying as i am writing this.enough is enough. otherwise hen is pushing me to kill him

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Get a good legal opinion --- if the house is in both your names, he is surely not allowed to prevent you from having access to it, nor to use it for any purpose without your approval. While your anger is understandable, there are many good reasons not to burn the house --- not only could it put you in serious trouble, and damage you more than him, but it would be destroying property that apparently is partly yours, compounding your losses. You would need a good legal opinion to answer the specific question you ask, but as far as I know, malicious damage to property and arson are serious offenses, and if anyon else was harmed in the process, you could face still more serious charges and longer prison time. ANd there are surely legal remedies for your problem. Do not try to harm him or the house directly -- get a lawyer to help you deal with this legally and effectively, and preserve your rights As Anonymous points out, if he has insured the house he might be able to afford a better one afterwards, and with you in jail, could have any affair he pleases with anyone he pleases. A bad idea, even if emotionally attractive --- illegal, immoral, and ineffective.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/03

Have you ever had a conversation with him about this? He needs to respect the fact that the house belongs to you too and you shouldn' t have to sleep somewhere else. In case he doesn' t listen and goes on doing this, why don' t you call the police one day to open the door for you when it is closed? Just carry a document and enough identification with you to prove it' s your house, in case you need to. If he is with a woman, he will have to face the shameful situation when they open the door. This man doesn' t deserve that you burn a house down and go to jail. Think about all the things you can do before you take such a drastic step. Besides, if the house is insured, your husband might just get another one and you' d be in jail while he would be happy enjoying his life.

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.