Posted by: berni | 2008/09/09

i want to blow my brains out

Hi CS my shrink is away and i so badly need help i keep cutting but now i just cant see light of day i feel like she abandoned me when i need her most i have bi polar and borderline personality disoder i dont know what borderline consists of, i kinda want to commit suicide, i just cry all day and want to lay in a little ball what can happen to me tonight i dont know please can you help me

Shrinks should NEVER go away without making proper arrangements for anothe rshrink to deal with emergencies among their patients while they are away --- it is highly unprofessional to leave you without available support. BUT --- you probably know that in Bordeline Syndrome, one is very vulnerable to feeling abandoned even when nobody has actually had any intention of abandoning you. Suicide or self-harm would be an ultimate abandonment of yourself, and a Very bad Idea. Call your GP, or Lifeline, and if necessary arrange to see another shrink in the meantime.

Posted by: FB | 2008/09/09

Is there no one else you can see? I know it must be so hard to confide in another person. Seems u have developed a great dependency on your shrink and perhaps you might be leaning on her a bit too much if you feel suicidal because she' s away.

Do you have yr bipolar medication and what back-up care did yr shrink arrange for you? Any responsible doctor would make sure there is someone who can treat you while he/she is away. If she has no one in locum at her practice you need to get her cell number and call her. She shd not have left you with no back-up care, to me that is irresponsible.

If you have yr meds pls keep taking them. If you don' t have meds you need them, where is yr prescription?

Take yr meds and track down your doctor today. She knows your conditions and vulnerabilities best.

Reply to FB
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/09

BPD don' t want to kill themself but hurt themself as to relief pain ... (cutting is bad as it leaves scares). Maybe you could see a diffrent shrink for time being.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/09

Berni, suicide is never the answer. There are other people who can and will help you. Please call your gp, or Lifeline on 0861 322 322. You can also go to the emergency department of any hospital. Please don' t harm yourself, hang in there and find the help you need and deserve to get.

Reply to Maria