Question
Posted by: Sad Hopeful | 2005/01/04

I WANT TO BE GORGEOUS.

I want so badly to lose weight, when I look in the mirror I hate what I see. I need a diet THAT WORKS!

Dear Hopeful
Please stop being sad and start doing something about your problem. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you are depressed, then this could be a complicating factor and I would suggest that you consult a clinical psychologist to help you change your outlook on life.

1
Posted by: Anne | 2005/01/05

Try the slimming diet on this site, it works for me. Try to do some kind of cardio exercise as well. I walk on my Orbitrek for 30 min in the morning and go for a 3-5 km walk in the evening with my hubby. The diet is flexible, here is my choices.

Breakfast:
1 glass of fruit juice 100%
1 packet of oats so easy + banana
or
1 packet of muesli + yogurt

Midmorning
2 pieces of fruit

Lunch
2 slices of wholeweat of brown bread
15 ml Trim mayo
lettuce, cucumber, cheese, tomato, ham for filling.

Midafternoon
Fruit

Supper
Chicken fillet with cooked veg and rice with spices
or
Fish and baked potato with salad
or
Pasta with salad
or
Steak or a chop with baked new potatoes and mixed veg

Reply to Anne