Question
Posted by: Niki | 2007/02/22

I WANT RESULTS

I have been going to the gym for 4 weeks now and following a cardio, weight training and exercise ball programme. I eat really well, lots of fibre, etc. I want to trim down/ loose weight but am not seeing any results, my clothes don't even feel looser. Any advice?

Hi Niki

You need to give it more time. The first few weeks of any training programme do produce results, but they are often not the kind you can measure on the scale. So my question to you is are you fitter than when you started? Can you run further, or faster or lift more weights, and do you feel as tired after training as you did? Because if you are finding that you can run or cycle more, you can lift more and you are not as tired, then you are on the right track, nothing to worry about. So that would be my advice - you are probably achieving results, you are just not looking in the right place. Also, check that diet. Because though you say you eat really well, have you actually had this confirmed. Maybe you eat too much, maybe too little? Maybe it's the wrong type of food? All of these factors could explain it, but my first impression is that you should give it another couple of months, and then assess the weight and so forth. For now, get fit, and the rest takes care of itself.