Question
Posted by: sk | 2004/10/04

i want him back

me and my boyfriend have just recently broken & the problem i have now is that i don't know how to go about getting over him because i still care about him a lot and still love him & he still does too. he wants us to be friends but i'm sure if that is the right way to go about considering the fact that we still have feelings for each other. my problem now is that should i try & make us get back together or should i force myself to get over him?

,,,,,

9
Posted by: kam | 2004/10/05

I know its hard but listen to him, if he says u deserve better trust me do...

Reply to kam
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/10/05

That is one of the oldest sayings when you want out of a relationship and you don't want to hurt the other party i.e. I am not good enough for you - you deserve better etc.

Biggest load of crap! He wants out of the relationship - read between the lines, or do you want it to be spelled out to you.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Paris | 2004/10/04

I dont think any one is telling her to let him go, or to not give it another chance. But some times one has to be realistically. There might be a chance that he might not want to reconcile. I guess no one wants to live on false hope.

You will know in your heart what you have to do once you speak to him.

I wish you all the luck in the world. It cant be easy.

Let us know what happens!!!

Paris
xxx

Reply to Paris
Posted by: anja | 2004/10/04

i know how you feel, my fiance recently did exactly the same thing, breaking up because he thought i deserved better. all i can say is DO NOT GIVE UP i wish these people who keep saying get over it , life goes on blah blah blah would just THINK FOR A CHANGE , you can't tell your heart to stop loving someone, especially if you still have feelings for each other. i think you should write him a letter telling him how you feel and leaving it up to him, but he doesn't know you REALLY feel you havn't been honest with yourself or him. good luck

Reply to anja
Posted by: paris | 2004/10/04

Hi there,

It could be me, but his reasoning seems so cliche'd.
I would suggest two things:

1) I would sit him down and tell him how you feel, and if he feels that the relationship is worth saving then give it another go. or

2) I would give him some time. Perhaps he is going through a rough time at the moment, and just feels like there's too much pressure.

I know how sore your heart must be right now, but in this time exercise does wonders. Be good to yourself and your needs.

Let us know how it goes.

Paris
xxx

Reply to paris
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/04

hi there

why did you guys break up in the first place?

i don't think one can be "friends" so soon after a split,there is just to many emotions in the air. if both have moved on then yes friendship is possible,that why many divorced couples become good friends later on in life.

all i can say girl is that time heals ..... be patient with yourself and find something to fill the empty gaps left by the split,
study , find a hobby but don't live in the past, make some simple rules to help you eg spend 10 min a day thinking about him, have a good cry and then stop, you deserve tobehappy again so start by dreaming again ( a new one)

be patient in 5 years time you will laugh about this

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: sk | 2004/10/04

the reason we broke up was out of our control...it seemed like we had no choice in the matter but to break up.he believes that i deserve much more than what he's offering & he doesn't want me to get hurt. i don't agree with the break up because i belive the relationship has potential and i feel like i'm giving up on something worth saving.

Reply to sk
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/04

Look, if you both still feel something, i think you should give it another go. Go talk to the man....
What was the reason for the break up??

Reply to Tori
Posted by: paris | 2004/10/04

Hi there,

Can you maybe give the readers reasons why he suggested being freinds. Was the relationship at a dead end?
Sorry, i want to give you some advice but dont know the history of the relationship.

Thanks,

Paris
xxx

Reply to paris