Question
Posted by: ANDREW E | 2004/11/09

i WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH A WHITE TO YELLOW MUCUS ON MY TOUGUE.DIFFICULT TO SCRAPE OFF AND STAYS WHITE TOUGUE HAS WHITEISH MUCUS ON ALL DAY

i WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH THIS WHITE TO LIGHT YELLOW MUCUS ON MY TOUGUE. IF I SCAPE IT OFF, IT IS UGLY STUFF,BUT I CAN'T GET ALL OFF ESPECILLY NEAR THE BACK WITHOUT GAGGING. WHAT IS IT AND HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

YOUR ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOME.

THANKS

AE, it sounds like it might be due to oral thrush, but I can’t say for sure without being able to examine you first. If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I’ll send you something I wrote on tongue changes, but the best would probably be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.