Question
Posted by: ? | 2005/12/14

I use to be able to handle life, But I am struggling big time now

I feel so alone, so helpless, so stressed, I cannot confront anything. Until a few months ago for so many yaers I was able to confront things, people would say I am the calmest person they know, now I feel I am sliding away, I fear issues, I fear people and my heart is very sore.

So sorry to hear about this, ? ! Many of us get stressed at work, and it can be worst at two levels, at the lowest levels, where you feel you have no power to influence anything ; and at the higher levels, where you tend to be more solitary and lacking in direct support.
What you describe may or may not be Depression, but sounds most like Burnout ; and skilled PSychotherapy would be the way to go.

8
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/14

It sounds as though you have been slowly sinking into a depression... go see your doc.. let him refer you to a therapist.... a nice holiday might do you good, but it seems that you need more than that....... it's not a sign of failure to seek help... so march yourself down to the docs rooms asap.... and get the help you deserve............. good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

Reply to ...
Posted by: fx | 2005/12/14

please get help. see a therapist. at one stage of my life i felt like that. i was burned out and every day i felt i was dying bit by bit. e even went so far as to tell people i was dying because that is what it felt like. it was my soul shouting out for help. but i just kept going - in a violently horribly cruel abusive relationship and a job where i was completely exploited...until i had a breakdown. why wait for this to happen. stop the cycle. get help now. and take time out.. i gave up a fulltime job for freelance work - and yes it is stressful as well as it is not sheltered employment - but it also allows me time to enjoy and appreciate life. you have to take responsibility for where you are at and change it - my first step was seeking professional help. good luck. i promise you you dont have to feel like you are feeling. there is a beautiful life out there. just walk the walk....

Reply to fx
Posted by: XXX | 2005/12/14

You said that you were able to handle life.Well that is what you have to do,again.You must think on the possitve side of life.When i feel down, I pray,this help me a lot.I go to a place(room,even the toilet ) were I can be alone for a moment,and pray ask for syrengh and help.I usely think of what I have in life,my helf,the fact that I can see,walk,run ,talk.I am not criple or have any defects on my body.I enjoy life,why not.
My stephfather used to say,"who are the people, I am the people, if you let people get you down on what they say,you will be down."
Walk tall with a smile and look everybody and everything straight in the eye.Enjoy every minite of your life.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: F | 2005/12/14

I am going to Argentina for 2 weeks. and I have no excitement in going at all. I know I sound spoilt and negative but I feel a part of me is dying every day, I feel a great sense of loniliness and dont want to share with anyone because they will just become concerned and unhappy.

Reply to F
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/14

Maybe you just need a brake to recharge this time of year everybody seem to be tired and stressed out. I hope you are going away for a nice deserved rest

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Vicious circle? Sounds like your batteries are depleted. Are you going on a bit of a holiday over the festive season?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ? | 2005/12/14

Hi Frusty, I think the stress levels at work are the problem, I have a very senior position at work, its been very tough for me. then I get so far as to motivate myself and then I am ok for a day or two then some stress hits me and I feel demotivated. Then I really like someone at work and then whenever the stress gets bad I think of this guy alot and it leads to greater unhappiness.

Reply to ?
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

It sounds like there was a defining moment when you changed. Care to tell us what happened? Mabe we can help in some way, you never know. There are so many people on the forum with a wide range of experiences, and believe me, nothing is strange here. Try us.

Reply to Frusty