Posted by: Mad! | 2008/08/04

I think I have gone

I really do! Ever since having a baby my emotions and mind have gone for loop!!!
Pregnancy was awesome, I loved every minute of it and I have never felt such over whelming happiness it was the best nine months of my life. Then baby arrived and nothing could ever have prepared me for the amount of emotions that rush through you and the love you have for your baby is something I had never felt before. I was so over whelmed I cried and cried. For about six weeks I must have cried everyday until I said enough and I need to get over all this overwhelming emotion.
Now I am worried or concerned that I am a little too obsessed with motherhood. My baby is almost a year and it breaks my heart that he will never be my baby again. I know the reality is that it is my and my husbands job to raise, teach and let go so that my child or little man can have the best life for himself but it makes me so sad to know that my baby is growing up. I cried when I packed my maternity clothes away, I cry when I pack away clothes that LO has grown out of, I cry when I pack away things he will never use again. I really think I have gone off my head!!!
And the next thing making me think I am nuts is that I desperatly want to do this all again. But I don' t know how I am going to cope knowing it will probably be the last time I ever experience pregnancy and holding a new born again, I am emotional now just tginking about.
Why are women blessed with such raging hormones and emotions?

Sounds like possibly a Post-Natal Depression, which deserves and responds well to propwer treatment, both as regards meds and counselling, especially of the CBT format --- which would also help you to move beyond this extreme attachment to babyhood as such, and freer to enjoy all the stages of this little person's growth and development. Sometimes one becomes over-attached to having the little guy totally dependent on you, and hesitant to enjoy his increasing independence.