Question
Posted by: Johan | 2004/10/27

I sweat to much

What can be done or what can I suplement my diet with to stop or at least control sweating exspecially under preasure . Please help

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

This is a distressing condition, but there are many ways to tackle it, from simple measures like wearing cool,
natural fabrics, to undergoing medical procedures (in severe cases) to suppress the action of the sweat glands.
Read the article 'Help! I'm drowning in perspiration' by Bram van Niekerk (CyberDoc) in the 'Man' section under 'General'. If you find that you sweat a lot under pressure, then you may really benefit from learning relaxation techniques and other ways to manage stress. Have a look at some of the articles on stress and anxiety under ‘A Healthy Mind’, in our ‘Mind’ section, or ask CyberShrink for some tips.

If this problem persists despite lifestyle changes, it’s important that you see a doctor, as it may be due to a serious underlying medical condition.