Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/07/28

i QUIT!!

hi

Well i just gave my nice full box of chesterfield lights to Johan,a guy i work with who HATES smokers, and told him not to give them back to me, even if i threaten to have him fired for fictional sexual harrasment.

keep tapping my nails on the desk trying to keep my hands busy. Will stick on a nictotine patch tomorrow and hopefully all will go well.. bad time to quit though its my 23rd birthday on monday so tonight im making baby chickens for the whole extended family then sunday my father in law is making me Gammon (my favorite).

I dont know what possesed me to offer to make baby chickens, could have just made one big chicken but NOOOOO have to make one baby per person. keep telling myself they are not really baby chickens they are dwarf old chickens that had a happy life and died of old age comfortably in thier sleep.

GRRRRRRRR want a cig already!!!!!

Now, is that one baby chicken per cat ?
Have a great birthday

5
Posted by: j-cat456 | 2006/07/28

Oh Buffs....somehow it always seems that when I am feeling truly miserable, you post somthing to make me laugh! You say you are a law student..my sister is a lawyer with her own fairly small but successful firm So far, all female! So if you are in JHB, please let me know so that I can start browbeating her now to take you on for articles. Just so long as you know you'd have to bring Bobby in for me to meet!
Regards,
J

Reply to j-cat456
Posted by: The Camel Man | 2006/07/28

Oh wow Puffs, you gave up smoking! Ooo wonderful, I was worrying about the kitsie witsies breathing in all that second hand smoke. We will just have to advertise more to make up for you kicking the smokes, Puffs.

Reply to The Camel Man
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2006/07/28

Hi Buffs

Your posting is hysterical, thanks for the laugh. I saw those baby chickens in SPAR yesterday next to chicken hearts and had to convince myself that it was false advertising!! I feel your pain.

On a serious note, your stopping smoking is adding years onto your life and saving you from literally dying younger than you have to.
You need to keep busy, and soon you'll forget all about it, sex, drinking and dinner wont' be the same for a while without a smoke but its literally only 3 days before the physical craving is over and the rest is all in the mind!!
I smoked for 8 years and I promise you giving up now (for over a year) is the very very best thing I could have done!
You just stick to it! Think of how your body is restoring itself and dont' be hard on yourself if you do get tempted and give in, as long as you keep trying to stop.

Do this little excercise I invented:
I call it, the life of an emphazema sufferer.
Take a little breath, like reallly reallly small, just enough to fill your mouth, then exhale, then take a little breath again and exhale that little bit, do it a few times........

Thats what your lung capacity will be like one day if you dont' stop smoking. Cool hey?? Nah!
Now take a nice deep breath and say, "one step at a time".
You go girl!

Happy birthday and all the best!
Love
~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: Pat | 2006/07/28

Good for you - I smoke too and I am in the process of trying to track SmokeEnders down. Tried the cold turkey and didn't work for me.

Tough it out - you are doing yourself a favour.

Reply to Pat
Posted by: Delene | 2006/07/28

LOLOLOLOL

Buffs, just keep at it. Drink lotsa water. Chew on sweeties. And keep really busy.

That helped me when i was quitting smoking.

Reply to Delene