Question
Posted by: Pumla | 2004/12/09

I need to know about gluten free diet

I am immune challenged and because of my latest diagnosis of dermis herpitiformis I have been advised to try and lower my Prednisone (20mg/day) and even try a gluten free diet. I also take 150mg dapsone daily.
I weigh 110kg I need help I am depressed.

Dear Pumla
I am so sorry to hear about your problems. Because you have such a multifaceted set of conditions, I can't just prescribe a simple diet over the Internet. You need to consult a clinical dietitian. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your low immunity, overweight and medications into account when working out a gluten-free diet for you. In the meanwhile click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food-related diseases' and read the articles on wheat allergy.
Hope you get help ASAP.