Question
Posted by: wannaknow | 2005/11/23

I need to know!

Is there another alternative to treating bipolar disorder than meds? I'm not keen on going on the meds..does it really make such a dramatic difference? I'm fed up with the lows and the highs - but then again, is taking the meds the only way to go..???

It really can make an enormous difference, and its worthwhile persisting to find the right combination of meds to do the job needed. If the diagnosis has been made correctly --- and if you're unsure, seek a second opinion from a good local shrink --- then there is no alternative treatment shown to help. SOme CBT counselling can help when used AS WELL as the medication, but we wouldn't recommend it instead of meds for Bipolar Disorder