Question
Posted by: pencil | 2005/11/24

i need to feel like 'the bomb' !!

hey everyone.. going to be in a situation soon (a dinner party) where i need to feel really confident and great about myself, as there are going to be parties involved and sitting at the same table which, (how do i put this nicely) is a potential threat to my relationship and can make my life hard... I want to look great - relaxed, in control, i want to be nice, without having to put up a huge show. what can i do to feel GREAT, look GREAT and sound and seem WONDERFUL although i would possibly be dying inside of stress?!

Now let us know about your success at the event !

4
Posted by: pencil | 2005/11/24

THANKS EVERYONE! i'm already feeling better about the whole situation... your suggestions are great, it's helping me a lot... thanks so much..

Reply to pencil
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/24

Pencil, treat yourself to a pedicure, manicure, hairdo and remember when dressing, beauty is in simplicity. This will make you feel wonderful.

More important, is the way you project your character. Be friendly (not a smiling paw paw though), allow others to talk by being interested in them (people love it), it's better to be silent than talk rubbish (which I do when I get nervous), and mostly, try to be yourself. I usually have a single whiskey before going to a nerve-wracking event, it calms me down but I'm still in control.

On your way to the event, make a sexy suggestion to your partner (like you're not wearing underwear...), you'll have him eating out of your hand all night, and that's a hell of a boost!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Lovable | 2005/11/24

and think of only the positve things in life, what makes you happy, what makes you lough etc etc. you'll see it will work wonders.

and in future, do the same not just for that specific nite.

Reply to Lovable
Posted by: lee | 2005/11/24

well the look great is easy.. go get your hair professionally done, get a nice outfit etc etc..

The inside part. well firstly try not to fiddle with your hands or twitch your leg - these will definately give the fact away that you are stressed, smile politely without seeming overeager. Most importantly i would say is for you to believe you are all those things you want to be. I'm sure you are wonderful.. you've just got to get yourself to believe it ;) You know what they say... its only a lie if you don't believe it. Also important is to be yourself... if they don't like it they can lump it!!!..you shouldn't need to put on a mask to impress other people.

Good luck.. i'm sure you'll do fabulously.

Reply to lee