Question
Posted by: dramaqueen | 2007/06/21

I need some help or advice please????

I am married to a really wonderful man. He also has got wonderful parents. They honestly treat me like I am their own. The problem is my sister in law. The whole story is, is that my father in law has got terminal cancer and yesterday he started hallucinating etc and was so disorientated. My mother in law phoned us crying and did not know what to do. My husband phoned their dr and asked if he could please go and see what was happening. We live 500km away and that was the only thing we could do. This morning my sister in law phones, causing a major scene and swearing at my husband because nobody told her he phoned the dr (dr happens to be her brother in law). She swore at my husband and then said he was not to phone the dr it is her brother in law and was he rude to him or not. She even bitched because we bought the old man a wheelchair, just to help out a bit. She is one of those who will rather spend R5 on herself and then have a lot to say about other peoples money. She just continuously sticks her nose into our business. She has been blantantly rude and would never apologise to anyone. Now I am her target as well, because a little while ago her youngest son got hurt and when i phone to ask if she was ok and if she needed help she was rude and put the phone down in my ear. Now this morning she tells my husband that if her child gets hurt and she wants to be rude to me, then sorry for me but she can and I should just f*** off. I don't know how much longer I can tolerate her. The best of all is, when she has crap with her husband then we are the first she runs to. And now she has got another guy on the side. So we are good enough to know this but heaven help us should we do or know anything else before her then all breaks loose. The cherry on the top is she has the cheek to tell me that I will always come second in my husbands life, as blood is thicker than water she will come first. I just wanted to know if I am being the bitchy one her or am i just being too sensitive??

The sister-in-law sounds like a truly horrible person, whose comments and interference ought to be ignored. Ignore her, stop taking calls from her, and continue to help those in the family who are genuinely in need. Her opinion is bitter and worthless, and more about her own internal twisted issues than external reality. And next time she has problems with her husband and turns to you say you wish her well, but refuse to get involved, as she has repeatedly made it so obvious she doesn't want you to do so. You're not being too sensitive --- she;s being too sensitizing

1
Posted by: dramaqueen | 2007/06/21

Thank you so much for that doc!!!

Reply to dramaqueen