Question
Posted by: meme | 2007/08/21

i need help please

i beat up my ex husband last sunday,in front of our son.i just see red when it comes to him.other toimes we can speak ok.but something in me jsut snaps.i try to be nice,but when i think of how hebad mouths me to his girlfriend,i just get o angry.he went to the police station,but luckily he didnt press charges.i feel bad about what happened,i cant sleep when i think about it.has my frustration and pain lead me to become a violent person.my son is so confused,the picture of his father crying like a baby will never leave his mind(he is 4and half).how do i apologise and make peace between us.i know he would never come near me or enter my flat anymore.how do i make this right.please advice.i love this man so much.

It sounds like there's a lot going wrong in your family --- you bneat your husband, he has a girlfriend --- why do you both tolerate all this conflict, and ignore how it is likely to affect your child ? Tell him how much you love him, and that you will be seeing a psychologist for counselling including dealing with anger management, and that you also want him to join you in marrige counselling sessions so you can both work on repairing what needs to be fixed here