Question
Posted by: ash | 2007/12/07

I Need Help

Hi Doc I need to loose weight urgently
I have been 77kg for 2.5yrs now and i need to loose about 15kg.
I am very unhappy with my body and i need help How can i loose my weight. I like my odd occasion sweet and coke. How can i speed up my matabilisim, Please can you help me loose my weight

Dear Ash
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). This regimen will help you to lose approx. 1 kg per week, faster weight loss is generally counterproductive because fast off, leads to fast on again. The very best metabolic stimulant is aerobic exercise. According to experts you need to do 30 or more minutes of exercise a day to stimulate your metabolism.