Question
Posted by: ayanda | 2007/05/04

i need help

i have gained so quickly i was weaing size 30 now i am wearing size 38 i am trying to loose but now i dont know what to do. My cloths dont fit me any more and i dont know what to do i dont eat break fast any more even my supper but still theres no differents please i need you advice urgently.

Dear Ayanda
I can't judge what is causing this rapid weight gain (hormone imbalances like an underactive thyroid, insulin resistance or polycystic ovarian disease; depression; taking medications such as corticosteroids or female hormones), but would advise you to have a medical examination just to make sure that there is no underlying problem that needs medical attention. If you want to lose weight you should NOT skip meals as this is counterproductive. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
But ask your dr to check your thyroid, insulin and female hormones if possible.