Question
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/11/18

I need a hug today

I’m so sad today. I’m trying to deal with my husband’s impending death, but it is really difficult. My heart is breaking. It feels as if I will never be whole again.

Dear El-Jo,
I know it feels awful, and as if things can never be right again, but they can and will. You have demonstrated the enormity of your love time and again over this long and difficult period, and in an odd way, though there will be some sense of relief when it's over, you will probably feel a bit guilty for feeling relieved. Look after yourself as carefully as you have looked after him. See if you can work with a grief counsellor from the nearby hospice, or a counsellor from the Cancer Association, as you deserve all the comfort and support you can get.

11
Posted by: K | 2004/11/18

Here a BIG, BIG, Big hug!

Be strong, for your husband's sake too!

Reply to K
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/18

{{{ EL-Jo }}}

Reply to Paul
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/11/18

Hi to everyone
I just want to thank all of you for the hugs and kind words of support. Thank you for caring. It means so much to me.

Reply to El-Jo
Posted by: ZAX | 2004/11/18

We are all sorry for your loss. You sound like a very strong lady to me. Be strong. Everything happens for a reason. You'll be Ok. I'll keep you in my prayers. Time is a big healer. Can you do me a big favour? When all the pain has died away, don't be afraid to love again. Here's my BIG HUG!!

Reply to ZAX
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/18

You've done really well so far considering all the circumstances!
LOTS OF HUGS TO YOU - PLUS A WELL DESERVED PAT ON THE BACK.
AND THEN SOME MORE!

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Q | 2004/11/18

El-Jo, focus on this I know it is hard but remember this, he will have no pain nou sickness nou problems where he is going. He will be healthy and know what happy, for you the pain will be there but it will heal and you will be ok!!! good luck girl i will be praying for you guys!!! big hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Q
Posted by: Lan | 2004/11/18

Hi there El-JO!!

All i can say is just stay strong, this heartache you are feeling right now will slowly dissapear, and life will look up. I lost my dad 4 years ago, SUDDENLY, he was all cheery and laughing the afternoon and 2 hours later he died of a heartattack, promise you felt like my world fell apart. Today I still miss him dearly but my heartache isnt so bad. I know to lose your husband is worse, saw it in my mom but he wouldnt have wanted you to feel the way you do, he would want yo to be happy

aaaaaaaand here is a huuuuuuuuuge, mega, gigantic, terribly tight, out of breath, super duper, tight tight hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just for you, from the bottom of my heart.
Wish I could do more, but know there are people around you that want to see you smile again and be the wonderful person you are

*hugzzzzzz*

Reply to Lan
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/18

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. )o: Death is always horrible to endure, and that of a loved one 100 times more so.

May God carry you where you can't walk anymore.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Brightness | 2004/11/18

Heres a HUG for you..

I know how sad you feel, even though its not my husband, I lost my father the day after I got engaged and it was heart breaking! Its been 3 yrs now and it has gotten a lot easier, you still wish they were here but try focus and all the happy times and know that God has a plan in your life...A plan to proser you and not to harm you...even though you dont know why this happened? You need to fill your life with loved ones and friends for support and to help you. And you can feel whole again my mother has recently met someone else and is soo happy (she also went through a very tough time)

When faced with such a saddness you can do two things: Choose to Close down or try be positive and move on with the help of others and take each day as it comes...dont close down as the road to healing will only be much harder for you.

God bless and know God is there to comfort you over this time :)

Reply to Brightness
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/18

Big <<<HUGS>>> to you!! Wish i had words that could make you feel better.... Love. M

Reply to Mona
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/11/18

Aai mens ek wens ek kon jou 'n regtige drukkie gee ! *lots of hugs* jy's al deur so baie en ja dit wat voorle is onvermeidelik.

Weet net dat ons almal hier is vir jou en jy ken my email addie en my nommer moet asseblief nooit huiwer om dit te gebruik nie - my cell is NOOIT af nie - bel enige tyd ? belowe ?

GROOT VET DRUKKIE VIR JOU HOOR !

Reply to CP MOM