Posted by: Zee | 2004/11/26

I m exhausted. I need a break

I feel so tired and I feel my mind cant function properly. I never had a leave the whole year coz I ve changed jobs and dont have enough annual leave to take 4 December. I sometimes 4get things and I even nearly made an accident y/day coz my mind is tired, I cant concentrate.

What do I do. I m even getting married IN December and dont have leave and my Fiancee say there is nio turning back coz we ve already planned, and preparations are on progress. I m not looking 4ward to this day as I m exhausted, Getting off from work on Friday, Gettin g married on Saturday and going back to work on Monday.

I am always dizzy at work, constant headaches etc. I m relly depressed and tired

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Zee, I know how you feel, and could do with a break myself ! I remember once frightening a persistent seller of Time Share, when she asked " For instance, when was the last time you took a week's holiday?" by answering honestly "I think it was 1959". I understand, too, the traditional furore before a wedding. Gosh, not even a honeymoon ? Weddings are often for the families, but surely you two deserve some peaceful time for yourselves ? The stress, sadness, dizziness and headaches sound well explained by the situation you describe. Is it possible to investigate ways to reduce all these pressures, and simplfy lifestyles a bit ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Grace | 2004/11/28

I had a similar problem last year...
What you are actually experiencing is early signs of possible burnout.
Seeing as you're experiencing these physical symptoms (dizziness, headaches, lack of concentration etc.) - why not visit your doctor (GP) and he can book you off for a few days, to get rest. Because if you don't do something about it soon - it's only going to escalate to a point where you will do your body damage! :(
Doctors can also be very sneaky and vague when it comes to sick notes, so nobody at work will know that you were just resting. heh heh
Good Luck!

Reply to Grace
Posted by: fyi | 2004/11/26

family responisiblity leave is only if your child is sick or someone directly related to you dies ie your brother - inlaws not included - marriage niether

Reply to fyi
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/26

Hi Zee,

Congrats on the marriage. Sorry you're having such a stressful time over it. Just a suggestion though, there is an option for leave that is either referred to as "Compassionate" or "Family Responsibility" leave. Obviously these require proof which you would have in the form of your marriage certificate, which will after all have to go in your HR file. Maybe you can also approach HR about the option of taking "forward" leave, then the days due to you would actually be due to them.

Just my thoughts. My Hopes & prayers are with you as this should not be such a stressful period in your life.


Reply to Shaun

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.