Question
Posted by: re | 2004/10/15

i love her too much

iI am 18 &in love whith a girl of 16 . i studing too far from home i only go home in june (for three weeks) she usualy call me twice a week & tell me she loves me & she miss me & i believe her but the problem is that when i'm around she does'nt even bother to come and see me; when i tried to ask her out she will tell me shes busy

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

It sounds like you are very keen on this girl, but you have to ask yourself some important questions about the relationship. Long distance relationships are difficult at any time, but particularly so if the relationship has not been established before you are apart.

If you just communicate by phone or letter and don’t ever really spend time together you may just be in love with the idea of the person rather than the real person – because you actually don’t know them.

If she avoids you when you are at home you have to ask yourself the difficult and painful question of whether she is really interested. It will also be better for you if you can strike up the courage and actually ask her directly if she is interested or not. This was you can move on, because for a relationship to feel meaningful to you you need the other person to show interest in you and want to spend time with you.

I know its difficult but getting a direct honest answer is the best policy for you.