Question
Posted by: pretty lady | 2007/12/11

i look 30

HI im 24 but really look like im 30 my sister is 27 but they always says she looks younger than me

since my skin is not in one colour used to have pimples now i have brown macks on my face. please recommend something

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello ‘Pretty Lady’, thank you for the question.

As we get older, a number of changes are seen with the skin surface as well as the underlying features. Studies have shown that the texture of the skin, a clear healthy glow free of blemishes, pigmentation, and sun damage, is a major contributor in making us look young. Other factors that need to be considered include wrinkles and the loss of volume in specific areas.

Your best approach would be to see an aesthetic practitioner, cosmetic dermatologist, or plastic surgeon, for an examination of the areas that concern you and an appropriate treatment plan.

As you have only described the brown marks as the contributing factor to what is making you look older, I will list a number of treatment options available (please note that these treatment options will address a number of other issues, not only the blemishes):

Topical products:
A moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acid and SPF (that contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide).
De-pigmentation creams: these contain glycolic acid, kojic acid, citric acid, lactic acid, and mulberry root extract (Neostrata Complexion Gel, Environ, Nimue, etc.)

Glycolic acid peels.

Skin Photo-rejuvenation: laser, IPL, IPL with Bi-Polar Radiofrequency.