Question
Posted by: Anita | 2008/01/24

i just told mom!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do i do with this situation, i told my mom about the way treats me in the house, and i told my mom that i want to divorce no matter i explain to her my situation that it's bad and hurting to be with hubby, she says when i divorce i will start to have an affair with older men., how do i deal with this situation after all is she helping me or i'll regret staying in this marriage.

She sounds extraordinarily unhelpful --- what on earth gives her the daft idea that its in any way likely , if you divorced, that you'd start having affairs with older men ? IS she ignorant, or over-generalizing from some prior experience involving someone else ? It's a shame, mom's are supposed to be supportive and helpful.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/24

Your mom is not the one who lives in the situation, you need to do what is right for you. If you want to try and save the relationship then go for counselling, otherwise get out. I don't know why your mom would make the comment about affairs with older men?

Reply to Maria