Posted by: anne | 2008/07/28

I have relapsed ( eating disorder)

After months of therapy and anti-depressants I finally got a grip on my bulimia, but then when the anxiety left from the medication he evil anorexia arrived, I got to grips with it and started eating. I moved to another province and started a new job, and TA DA!!! binging and purging are back...I cant take it any more. Im in my dream job but cant fine the energy for work tomorrow.

I have for awhile wanted to book myself into a centre to really focus on recovery. Does a medical aid like Spectramed Elite cover a stay in a centre?

How does one with a full time job and bills to pay do this?

Please help!!!

Look at the same story this way --- you got close to getting a permanent grip on this scourge, and temporarily lost that grip. That's a reason to re-engage in therapy and get further and firmer this time round, not to get discouraged. I have no idea what individual Medical Aids do or don't provide, as their rules can be very complex, and not always sensible. But ask them, and put it to them that a short period of more intensive therapy might produce better results and sooner than a longer period of out-patient care

Posted by: ?? | 2008/07/31

how are you trying to overcome your disorder? i know how u are feeling..

Reply to ??
Posted by: bULIMIC | 2008/07/29

Believe me, sometimes you dont want to do it but you just cant help yourself, because you go into a vicious cycleof starving yourself and then you get so hungry that you eat and not normal portions, overeat, and then you feel so guilty and disgusted with yourself for eating all that food that you just want it out of your body and you want relief from the feeling of fullness and it also makes you feel ok afterthe food is out thatyouve not caused permament weight gain, it sounds ridiculous and I would have never guessed that I would do somethig like this a few years ago, but I am. And having marital problems has exacerbated my bulimia, because everytime my husband tells me he doesnt believe on marriage counselling, I lose hope for my marriage and I binge and purge to feel relieve the stress

Reply to bULIMIC
Posted by: lassy | 2008/07/29

i will never know how people can binge &  purge. for the life of me I cant understand why anyone would even want to do something so ridiculous.i know you goig to say its a mental illness so i wont understand. but you know its not normal so why do you do it.You create your own unhappiness.

Reply to lassy