Question
Posted by: susan | 2004/12/21

I have no interest in sex

I'm married with one child and want nothing to do with sex. Not interested!! Can it really be such a problem for a marriage?
My husband is really wonderful and unselfish in bed and in general day to day activities, I just don't understand what all the fuss is about and why I have to.
Before the birth of my son we had a great sex life. I did have a pregnancy and birth from hell, could this play a part and if so how could I get over it and move on...
Please help me!!

Most people would think that sex is a very important part of marriage.
It is common in women with young children to lose interest is sex. This is probably partly due to lack of sleep, partly to a shift in focus and partly to hormonal and other issues. I would suggest that you write to the sexologist for advice on what to do.

3
Posted by: susan | 2004/12/22

Thank you nuffing and FH your messages are great and so understanding. I will definately take both of your advice.

Reply to susan
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/12/22

You could also have a hormone deficiency.
You could consult with your gynae.

Also try some lubricating gels to help incase you are dry.

I tend to lose my interest in sex if we don't have it. It's like the more time goes by the less I am inclinded to feel like it, whereas if we have sex more frequently it's nicer, and I'll be in the mood again pretty much daily.... dunno if I am just weird in that way ;)

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: FH | 2004/12/21

I beleive sex does form an important part of a couple's relationship. Sex is a beautiful expression of love for one another, and by no means the only form of expression, but still very important.

I think that maybe you are associating the difficult birth and pregnancy as a direct consequence of sex. If this is the case maybe you need to seek professional counselling with a sex therapist who might be able to help you work through your issues.

Good luck.

Reply to FH