Question
Posted by: confused | 2007/04/08

I have never had this happen before

i have noticed that my area started feeling a bit uncomfortable it wasnt really itching until i wiped when i went to the bathroom- seemed like skin was coming off when i was wiping -almost like dry discharge-but there wasnt really any other abnormal discharge colour or smell coming from there. the only thing i found was that it was just itchy and then it seems like the skin tore a bit because it was so dry (it was bleeding a ilttle cos i think i scratch the inner labia open).
i was wondering if if this is just another type of thrush and could i treat it with the normal thrush creams and/ or yogurt or do i have something more serious where i need to go on anti-biotics or something?
i am in a sexually active (monogomous relationship) where we use condoms. i have never had this issue before pls help

It sounds like thrush. Try Canesten pessaries.