Question
Posted by: Geraldine Goeieman | 2018/05/23

i have hypertension, diabetic,allergic conjuntivitis,drye eye, alergic rhiniritis ,ulcer colitis, eczema

i have been suffering for many years from this diseases, and have found that over the counter medications relief my symptoms, but also gives me headaches, and pushes up my diabetes. i don't know if it is the medication, or allergies.i am a 41 year old female, had 2 operations, a myometomy, and hysterectomy, can this be the course?

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/05/24

I am sorry to hear about all your ill health.  Hypertension and diabetes are not related to allergies. Allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis are due to allergies. Cortisone can push up the blood pressure and  blood glucose and worsen diabetes. Headaches may be due to chronic sinusitis. Ulcerative colitis isn't generally due to food allergies. Surgery is unlikely to cause any allergies. Antihistamines will probably help alleviate symptoms and not adversely affect the hypertension or diabetes.